The Bharat Ratna is the highest civilian award of the Republic of India. Instituted in 1954, the award is conferred “in recognition of exceptional service/performance of the highest order”, without distinction of race, occupation, position, or sex.
But can you believe that it was given to a person due to whom India had lost the war against China and to a woman who had imposed Emergency for 21 months due to which human rights were withheld?
Yes, these are Jawaharlal Nehru and Indira Gandhi. Now the question is what was their exceptional service/performance, so that the Bharat Ratna was conferred to them? How can we exclude Rajiv Gandhi? Yes, even he was awarded with the Bharat Ratna.
Why were they awarded and who recommended them to Bharat Ratna? In the year 1955 Nehru was awarded with Bharat Ratna and in the year 1971, his daughter Indira Gandhi was awarded with Bharat Ratna. In the year 1991, the man behind Bofors and Bhopal gas tragedy, Rajiv Gandhi was awarded with Bharat Ratna.
The Insider Story!!! How Nehru and Indira Gandhi got Bharat Ratna?
“Although there is no formal nomination process, recommendations for the award can only be made by the Prime Minister to the President with a maximum number of three nominees being awarded per year.”
This statement makes it clear that the Prime minister has the right to recommend a person for Bharat Ratna. Now let us focus on the Prime Ministers who served India in the year 1955 and 1971.
Presidents of India during 1955 and 1971, i.e. Dr Rajendra Prasad and Sri VV Giri, acting unconstitutionally awarded the then Prime Ministers Nehru and Indira , the Bharat Ratna.
Now you may assume that due to their so called high contribution, Nehru and Indira were awarded with Bharat Ratna. But the next sentence will clear off all the confusions.
Nehru and Indira Gandhi had recommended the same Presidents (Dr Rajendra Prasad in the year 1962 and VV Giri in the year 1971) with Bharat Ratna.
So it is apparent that Nehru and Indira Gandhi showed gratitude for the respective Presidents for awarding them with Bharat Ratna which these never deserved.
Indira Gandhi, V V Giri and Bharat Ratna ? Is it what happened ? pic.twitter.com/HEA1u2qRkU
— Ashok (@nationalizer) November 28, 2013
What were the achievements of Nehru that he got Bharat Ratna?
• Nehru was a legend in displaying pseudo-secularism. Today, most of the journalists have considered him as their role model.
• Nehru never worked with Dr BR Ambedkar to remove social discrimination in the society. But today, Congress project that they are the saviours of Dalits.
• India had to face a humiliating defeat at the hands of Chinese and this was solely possible due to the then PM Nehru.
• Another biggest achievement of Nehru was that he didn’t allow Sardar Patel to be the first Prime Minister of Independent India even though he had clear majority when compared to Nehru.
What were the achievements of Indira Gandhi that she got Bharat Ratna?
• The ever green achievement of Indira Gandhi was that of the imposition of emergency, where lakhs of patriotic Indians were tortured.
• She claims the credit of continuing the dynasty rule in India.
• She ordered the killing of several devotees who were protesting to enforce a ban on cow slaughter in India.
• Indira Gandhi acted like a dictator during the ‘Operation Blue Star’.
After knowing the achievements of these both, was it right to award Bharat Ratna to these two Prime Ministers of India?