Amid growing tension between India and China on Doklam issue, we have got a report of a big development. According to reports from Doklam, China has agreed to pull back its troops 100 meters from the standoff point. However India rejected this offer and asked China to ensure their troops move back at least 250 meters inside their territory, once it is done India will also ask its troops to withdraw.

Chinese side, on the hand, has said that pulling back 100 meters should be fine and Indian soldiers should go back to their previous position. These reports indicate that both India and China are seriously working for an honorable exit from the Doklam standoff.

There are reports that Chinese PLA has stationed around 300-400 troops in tents put up about a kilometer from the Doklam standoff point. India, on the other hand, have asked its Sukna-based 33 Corps to be in the state of full preparedness and wait for orders if reinforcement at Doklam or Doka La is required. Indian Army is in a ‘no war, no peace’ mode against the Chinese military in Doklam. As per few sources, there is a massive movement of Indian Army in Sikkim and nearby Area.

This development is very surprising and in the last few days, China has upped its aggressive stance over Doklam standoff. Chinese government officials, state-owned China Daily and Communist Party of China-owned Global Times have increased the daily rhetoric.

Yesterday Chinese deputy director general of Boundary and Ocean Affairs Wang Wenli threatened to invade Kashmir and Uttarakhand, which met with a cold response from Indian side.

China Daily which always maintain an aggressive posture, have said that the countdown to a military clash with India had begun. They used provocative phrases like “clock is ticking away” and “India will only have itself to blame” for the outcome of the war.

However on the ground, things seem to be different. It seems India and China are moving towards a respectable resolution of the ongoing impasse. The two sides are reported to be discussing the repositioning of troops.

This ‘No War, No Peace’ mode between Indian and Chinese troops is going on for nearly two months. It began on June 1 when the PLA invaded Doklam and asked the Indian Army to remove two bunkers that the India had set up in 2012 at Lalten area.

Indian Army had been patrolling this area for many years, even before setting up the bunkers in 2012. It was done as measure to smoothen the routine border operations in the region and provide security to Bhutan-China border.

As per the sources the forward positions of the Indian Army informed the 33 Corps Headquarters at Sukna about the Chinese demand. Meanwhile, on the night of June 6, the Chinese troops came with two bulldozers and demolished the bunkers. They claimed that the area belonged to China and Indian or Bhutanese forces could not patrol there, which was in fact an absurd lie.


Manish Sharma

Previous articleKannada writer Baraguru Ramachandrappa writes chapter insulting Indian Army and Karnataka government includes it in college textbooks!
Next articleBig Breaking!!! Close ally of Jagdish Tytler raided by Enforcement Directorate