How much can a Member of Parliament earn in India? At the most, few lakhs can be earned at the end of his/her political career. But today we are going to unveil the worth of the world’s richest female politician and you will be astonished to know that she is from India.
Each Parliamentarian gets a monthly salary of Rs 50,000 during the whole term of office. Apart from salary, an MP gets a number of allowances every month like medical, housing, telephone facilities etc. Most of the salary will be spent on developmental causes and other party related expenses. So a politician can never become a billionaire.
From Atal Bihari Vajpayee to Narendra Modi, these leaders spent their salary upon their people. But can you believe that a Member of Parliament who doesn’t even have a business of her is the world’s richest female politician?
You will be shocked to know that Sonia Gandhi is worth $2 billion. It is approximately 13000 crore Indian Nation Ruppe. Even the legendary cofounders, NR Narayana Murthy and Nandan Neelekani are not that rich.
Now the question arises is how could she be so rich even though she doesn’t own any business. Apparently, PM Modi is the most powerful politician not just in India but globally. But you will be shocked to know the worth of him. His total wealth is estimated at just over Rs 2 crore.
So the question arises is how did Sonia Gandhi amass such a huge wealth? Was it possible because of several number of scams that took place during 20004-2014 UPA government?
Let us have a look at the number of scams that took place during Sonia Gandhi’s governance?
- The Italian prosecutors have alleged that from Ahmed Patel to Sonia, many politicians have received kick backs in the $560 million Augusta Westland deal. India had signed a contract to purchase 12 AgustaWestland AW101 helicopters in February 2010 for the Communication Squadron of Indian Air Force to carry the president, PM and other VVIPs.
- Sonia Gandhi is still haunted by the Bofors scam and the investigation has revealed how the UPA had tried to suppress the investigation.
- Few Congressmen say that Sonia Gandhi’s image is being smeared by the BJP-RSS men. But one strong question will shatter their allegations. Yes, if Sonia Gandhi was honest then why did she lie that she studied in Cambridge University?
- What is the reason behind Sonia Gandhi flying to foreign countries every now and then? What is more suspicious is that she never disclosed her location of visit.
- Sonia Gandhi became the Congress party President in the year 1998. So within 20 years, how she grew up to be richest female politician of the world? Even Amit Shah who is the party President of BJP, which has created a world record for having most number of members, is also very low.