The long queues for taxis outside the railway stations and painful dealing with porters will be a thing of the past from next April. Indian Railways is in advanced stage of launching a single integrated app which will have one touch solution to all the problems faced by a passenger. With the integrated app, you can book coolies online without any hassle. Also, railways is in advanced stage of talks with Ola and Uber who are bidding for the taxi services to and from railway stations. The cabs can be booked on the integrated app.
Not only this, the app will also feature a number of features such as pre-booked coolies, pre-booked wheelchairs for the Divyangs, tour packages, car rentals and hotels at the destination. The railways will be launching this app on 31 March 2017 and will be active from 1 April. The app is aimed at providing the travelers a convenient and hassle-free traveling to and from the stations. The ministry has already held 3 rounds of discussion with the cab operator Uber and they have agreed to be a part of this passenger-friendly incentive.
One more very important thing Railway Ministry is working at is to end the long queues for ticket booking. The government has already taken a step towards this by installing ticket vending machines at stations. Now, the government is preparing to make booking unreserved tickets hassle-free by negotiating with PayTM. The talks with PayTM is at advanced stage and if the deal is stuck, general unreserved tickets can be bought online and at multiple counters that PayTM will setup at the stations. As of now, 96% of the tickets sold by Indian Railways are unreserved and the queues for these tickets are terribly long.
This will also help in decongesting the station areas and will help railways in cutting down the expenses of stationary. The railways is expected to earn about Rs. 500 crore with the tie-up of hotels, cab operators, restaurants, PayTM and other companies which will provide their services to railway passengers on the integrated app. The movement of the trains and their status can also be tracked on the same app.
How will rail travel change after this integrated app ?
- You can pre-book you coolie and the coolie will be there once the train arrives. No hassles, no bargaining and no overcharging by coolies.
- You can pre-book your cab with the app and the cab will be there when your train arrives. No worries about the delays and waiting times.
- Feeling hungry ? Use the same app to order food. You will get the food at the next station right on your seat.
- No queue for booking unreserved ticket. Just open the app, pay via PayTM and board the train.
- New to a place and no idea of hotels ? Open the app and book from a range of hotels in the city.
- You can track your train on the same app and know its live status.
This app is going to redefine the train journey and will take passenger convenience to an altogether new level !! Kudos Shri Suresh Prabhu and Ministry of Railways for such an innovative and passenger-friendly initiative.