Traffic rules are often ignored by many, its”™ important to know the rules for your own safety as wellÂ as to prevent yourself from being exploited.
Most traffic police ensure smooth movement of traffic, but there are few who find opportunity toÂ exploit the commuters.
We share you a list of basic rights which you need to know while you are driving!
1. Traffic police cannot seize the KEYS of you vehicle.
2. They cannot ARREST you.
3. They have no authority to ask for POLLUTION CONTROL PAPERS (PUC).
4. Only an officer above the rank of ASSISTANT SUB-INSPECTOR can collect fine.
5. Your LICENCE can be SEIZED for:
- JUMPING SIGNAL
- DRUNK AND DRIVE
- USING MOBILE PHONE WHILE DRIVING
6. HEAD-CONSTABLE can fine you maximum upto Rs 100/-
7. Only ASI or SI can fine over Rs 100/-
Following Traffic rules is the duty of every individual…. Be Responsible, Be Safe, Protect Yourself asÂ well as Others!
– Aishwarya S