- Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats beauty and youth.
- Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror to a blind person.
- Once you start working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest.
- There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests. This is the bitter truth.
- Test a servant while in discharge of his duty, a relative in difficulty, a friend in adversity, and a wife in misfortune.
- Never make friends with people who are above or below your status. Such friendships will never give you happiness.
- A person should never be too honest. Straight trees are cut first.
- He who lives in our mind is near though he may be actually far away; but he who is not in our heart is far though he may actually be nearby.
- He who is overly attached to his family members experiences fear and sorrow for the root of all grief is attachment. One should discard attachment to be happy.
- One whose knowledge is confined to books and wealth in possession of others can neither use the knowledge nor the wealth when the need arises.
- Even if a snake is not poisonous it should pretend to be venomous.
- As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.
- We should not fret for what is past, nor should we be anxious about the future; men of discernment deal only with the present moment.
- The biggest guru-mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.
- A man is great by deed, not by birth.
FOR DAILY ALERTS