After Yogi’s Yoga Push it is time for the resurrection of the educational system in UP. Yogi Adityanath who has been working 24*7 to develop Uttar Pradesh into Uttam Pradesh is not in any mood to rest. The UP CM has now instructed all Government officials to send their children to local government schools, not super expensive private schools. Education Department in its presentation to the UP CM clarified the change. Apart from this Private Schools will also be under the scanner for charging disproportionate amounts from students as school fees. Yogi has instructed the Education Department to take stern action against schools that charge exorbitant tuition fees.
The presentation at the Lok Bhawan lasted 6 hours during which Yogi was seen giving a 100-day ultimatum to revive the educational system. Students from government schools will be provided with books & uniforms during the period. Also laboratories will be set up in colleges. Teachers & schools will be provided with better educational facilities. Strict action will be taken to curb the menace of educational malpractices.
Deputy CMs Keshav Prasad Maurya & Dinesh Sharma were also present during the presentation along with other senior government officials.
- Major educational reforms will have to be implemented within 100 days.
- From the 1st of July to the 10th of July, 2017 students in government schools will be provided with free uniforms & books.
- The attendance of the students is 100% compulsory.
- Clean drinking water will be arranged for along with the installation of toilets.
- As per the (RAA) Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan 1760 upper primary schools should have Science & Math labs. The implementation of the same will start soon.
- 8628 schools will be equipped with computer education under the RAA.
- Basic education boards will be set up to make better the life of teachers.
- Within the next 100 days 45809 upper primary schools will be set up.
- Students from class1-8 will be provided with uniforms. Even one sweater will be given to each student for use during winter.
- Students that have not deprived of basic education will be tracked down & sent to schools.
- Copying in exams has been a big problem. Strict action will be taken against students indulging in malpractices & centres encouraging such acts.
- Tainted & black listed education centres will be marked & an FIR will be filed against them.
- Private schools & colleges will not be allowed to charge sky-high prices. They will be reviewed by the educational department.
- To empower girls, Yoga has been made compulsory. For the self-defence of girls, Rani Lakshmi self-defence programme will be implemented.
- Government school teachers taking up private tuitions will be severly dealt with & an FIR will be filed against them.
- A minimum of 200 days of curriculum will be compulsorily undertaken in every school.
- Biometric machines will be installed across schools to keep a check on the attendance of teachers & students.
- The obsolete trends such as Radio Mechanisms will come to an end in the ITI schools.
- For ITI students to get job opportunities abroad, NRI’s will come forward & see to it that they get better prospects.
- There will be two shifts in ITI colleges.
Technical Education Department
- Engineering colleges which may soon become defunct will be utilised for other professional education courses.
- Diploma & pharmacy colleges, nursing & other occupational courses may be set up in these colleges.