Earlier in the day, Sonia Gandhi’s most trusted aide Ahmed Patel had said “I did not expect this from Pranab da!”, expressing anger against the decision of former President Pranab Mukherjee of attending the RSS headquarters in Nagpur.
I did not expect this from Pranab da ! https://t.co/VBqXZ8x7SE
— Ahmed Patel (@ahmedpatel) June 6, 2018
Here comes the big statement from Pranab Mukherjee! Did you know whom did he praise?
- The fear of Congress party turned true. Yes, former President Pranab Mukherjee praised the founder of the RSS, KB Hedgewar and said ‘Today I came here to pay my respect and homage to a great son of Mother India’.
- This statement was written by Pranab Mukherjee after signing visitors’ book at RSS founder KB Hegdewar’s birthplace.
Finally, the politician who is hated by none hails the RSS founder!
- ‘Today I came here to pay my respect and homage to a great son of Mother India’: Former President Dr.Pranab Mukherjee’s message in the visitor’s book at RSS founder KB Hedgewar’s birthplace in Nagpur
'Today I came here to pay my respect and homage to a great son of Mother India': Former President Dr.Pranab Mukherjee's message in the visitor's book at RSS founder KB Hedgewar's birthplace in Nagpur pic.twitter.com/ax76NCzJMa
— ANI (@ANI) June 7, 2018
Who is KB Hedgewar?
- Keshav Baliram Hedgewar who was born on 1st April 1889 was the founding Sarsanghachalak of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). He was popularly known as also known as Doctorji.
- Hedgewar founded the RSS in Nagpur in 1925, with the intention of promoting the concept of a united India rooted in Hinduism ideology.
Even the so called historians were angered with the former President’s decision. Ramchandra Guha, on whom a defamation case was filed for blaming RSS, said, “Pranab Mukherjee is free to accept or reject any invitation he gets. However, in this age of fake news he should make the full and authorised text of his lecture to RSS cadres at Nagpur available to the public as soon as it is delivered”.