Congress has a very genuine “affair” with bank related scams. Even though the scams started decades ago, it started getting unveiling since 2014. Lalit Modi, Vijay Mallya and Nirav Modi, all grew into a beast and haunted Indian banking sector only due to the grace of Congress party.
Now, another billion rupee bank scam has surfaced and as expected, this scam has a link with the Congress party. In fact, a much stronger link because the person involved in this is from a family of a Congress Chief Minister. What was even more hilarious is that immediately after this loot was exposed, Rahul Gandhi and team targeted the Modi government and demanded his answer.
But within minutes, the Congress realized that the scam was done by none other than the son-in-law of Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh. The CBI, after booking a Delhi-based diamond jewellery exporter for Rs 390 crore fraud at the Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC), is now probing the involvement of Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh’s son-in-law.
The CBI has registered a case against Simbhaoli Sugars Limited, its Chairman and Managing Director Gurmit Singh Mann, Deputy Managing Director Gurpal Singh, who is the son-in-law of Punjab CM Amarinder Singh and others in connection with an alleged bank loan fraud of Rs 109 crore at the public sector bank, said the report.
The complain mentions that a loan of Rs 148.60 crore which was given to Simbhaoli Sugars for financing 5,762 sugarcane farmers was diverted by the company for its own needs.
The BJP President Amit Shah was quick enough to catch the blunder created by Rahul Gandhi and team. Soon, he tweeted,
- Why delete this tweet highlighting the loot of Captain Amarinder Singh’s son-in-law. Congress has always been at the forefront of highlighting their own robberies such as the NPA mess, bad loans, the free hand they gave to Vijay Mallya and Nirav Modi.
Why delete this tweet highlighting the loot of @capt_amarinder’s son-in-law. Congress has always been at the forefront of highlighting their own robberies such as the NPA mess, bad loans, the free hand they gave to Vijay Mallya and Nirav Modi. #CongressLootsFarmers pic.twitter.com/b7WS3MnIfp
— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) February 26, 2018
This blunder by Rahul Gandhi was bound to happen because for whatever happens in the nation, he is blaming PM Modi and team. Tomorrow, even if his brother-in-law gets convicted in a crime, he may allege that he opted the field of looting as demonetization had hit his ‘illegal business”.
Massive self-goal by Rahul Gandhi led Congress!
- Gurupal Singh, son-in-law of Punjab Congress CM Amarinder Singh. He is booked by CBI for alleged bank loan fraud of 97.85 crore and default of 110 crore by Simbhaoli Sugars. Which idiot runs the Congress handle?
Massive Self Goal by Pappu led Congress.
Gurupal Singh, son-in-law of
Punjab Congress CM Amarinder Singh is booked by CBI for alleged Bank Loan fraud of 97.85 crore and default of 110 crore by Simbhaoli Sugars.
Which idiot runs the Congress handle? https://t.co/P1eyDRn1c9
— Sriram (@srirambjp) February 26, 2018
The embarrassed Congress IT cell deletes the tweet blaming BJP for the loot organised by its own men!
- Caught by the neck, Congress IT Cell woke up and deleted the Tweet. Here is the screen shot of the tweet. CBI booked Gurupal Singh son in law of CM Amarinder Singh among others in a bank scam perpetuated by “Simbhaoli Sugars”. Congress scored self goal blaming BJP for it.
Caught by the neck, Congress IT Cell woke up and deleted the Tweet. Here is the screen shot of the tweet. CBI booked Gurupal Singh son in law of CM Amarinder Singh among others in a Bank scam perpetuated by Simbhaoli Sugars. Congress scored self goal blaming BJP for it. pic.twitter.com/pkdmmcMJKg
— Sriram (@srirambjp) February 26, 2018
What does the FIR state?
- OBC sanctioned a loan of Rs 148.60 crore to the company in 2011. The loan was sanctioned for financing 5,762 sugarcane farmers based on a tie-up agreement under an RBI scheme for supplying sugar produce to the company from January 25, 2012 to March 13, 2012. The loan money was “dishonestly and fraudulently diverted by the company for its own needs
- OBC was allegedly cheated to the tune of Rs 97.85 crore, but the loss incurred by the bank is Rs 109.08 crore.
The FIR also states that “According to a MoU, out of the price to be paid by Simbhaoli Sugars Limited to the farmers, loan liabilities were to be adjusted and the remaining amount was to be paid by the company to the growers”.
The CBI spokesperson Abhishek Dayal said, “The corporate loan, too, turned NPA on November 29, 2016”.