In the next few weeks, the winner of the Karnataka elections will be declared and the BJP under the effective guidance of the central leaders is surging ahead. After the verdict on the Mecca Masjid blast, the Congress is completely in the backfoot.
BJP President started a scathing attack on Congress in Karnataka by saying “After the Mecca Masjid blast case court verdict, it has become clear that the Congress government of Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh had conspired to defame the nation in the name of saffron terror and Hindu terror”.
“P Chidambaram, Sushil Kumar Shinde, Salman Khurshid etc should also apologise for misleading the nation and the world in the name of Hindu and saffron terror. Rahulji, terror has no religion. Now, Congress says we never used these words. Many Congress leaders including chief minister Siddaramaiah are on record using these terms”, he added. By saying this, Mr Shah has questioned the Congress government which calls itself as a secular party.
Caste!!! Even if a party says that it doesn’t promote caste politics, its evident that tickets are distributed on caste basis; here’s the caste analysis of Karnataka
- Over 60% of the 6.5cr population are minorities, OBCs, SCs and STs
- 17-19% Upper caste Lingayats (Influence 120 seats)
- 17% Dalits + SCs (Influence 100 seats)
- 12-14% Upper caste Vokkaligas (Influence 67 seats)
- 12.5% Muslims (Influence 66 seats)
- 8% OBC Kuruba
- 7% Tribal (ST)
- 2% Other upper castes
- 2% Christians
- 30% Other OBCs.
Even though the Muslims voters influence 66 seats in Karnataka, their voters will be divided among Congress and JD (S) as the AIMIM backed the latter in this election. This will benefit the BJP candidates. Even the CPI (M) and SDPI candidates will dent the Congress vote shares.
Farmers are completely against the state government! Here’s why?
- “As many as 3,515 farmers in Karnataka committed suicide between April 2013 and November 2017, out of which 2,525 were due to drought and farm failure”, this was revealed after the statistics was released by the State Agriculture Department. It also said that “1,002 farmers have ended their lives from April 1, 2015 to January 11, 2016”.
- Mandya, Mysuru, Haveri, Belagavi, Bidar, Shivamogga, Tumkur, Gadag, Dharwad and Davangere were the districts where the farmers had suffered heavily. It should be noted that in the previous general elections, Congress had bagged a major chunk of assembly seats in these districts.
- The statistics itself shows that the backbone of the nation is suffering severely in Karnataka under the Congress rule. So, the farmers are expected to move away from the Congress party.
Suicide of farmers was very minimal during the BJP rule from 2008 to 2013!
A total of 156 farmers had committed suicide in 2008-09, 146 in 2009-10, 242 in 2010-11, 187 in 2011-12, 100 in 2012-13. But now, it has touched the skies.
Apart from the stats, the people are of the believe that the BJP Chief Ministerial candidate Mr BS Yeddyurappa is a common man’s CM and a pro-farmer chief minister. “The return of the ex-CM to BJP has invigorated the saffron camp. BJP’s defeat in 2013 in the state was put down to the Lingayat neta’s exit from the party”, said a report.