Getting a job done in a government office is much difficult than going into an actual war.
This is how it feels, the long queue, unusually slow staffs, bad time management etc makes it difficult to get work done. State of Uttar Pradesh was no different to this.
Yogi Adithyanath assume office as chief minister two and a half years back. Now the beauraucrats and government ‘babus’ are on tip toe working through late hours at night.
A Workaholic CM has changed scenario in UP.
The staffs of the Chief Ministers office and his close team, are now expected to start their day very early in the morning and end around midnight.
Very soon into his tenure as Chief Minister of the most populous state in the country, Yogi Adithyanath had realised that most officials have a habit of arranging one meeting after another rather than disposing files and meeting people who have a problem.
These meeting were actually an easy way out of work, and officials used to cosily pass the day and escape the work of taking tough decisions and identify those indulging in malpractices.
UP chief minister has now issued orders that only the Principal Secretary or the department head, who has been called for the meeting comes to attend it, and not a whole bunch of officials.
This ensures that the Principal Secretary comes well prepared with all the facts rather than turn to his deputies for every little query. It also ensures that other officers are free to dispose the regular work of the day.
Yogi Adithyanath is working for 17 hours to bring good governance and transparency. And yes he is on a path of success.
- The Yogi Adityanath government is citing increased revenue earnings of almost 24% compared to the previous Akhilesh Yadav regime.
- According to reports, the revenue earnings under six major heads had gone up to Rs 1.2 lakh crore in 2018-19, compared to Rs 86,000 crore in 2016-17 under the Samajwadi Party regime.
- The increased revenue collection reported across departments like excise, commercial tax, transport, mining, GST and VAT, and registration.
- The biggest increase, of over 100%, has been seen in the mining sector where the present government has earned Rs 3,165 crore in 2018-19 compared to only Rs 1,552 crore in 2016-17.
The increase is because of a transparent mining allocation policy by the BJP government.
- A new liquor policy has also seen revenue from excise rise to almost Rs 24,000 crore in the last financial year, a rise of almost 38% from Rs 14,273 crore collected in 2016-17.
- The collection of commercial taxes has also risen from Rs 51,883 crore to Rs 70,043 crore over the same period.
The incidents with Samsung and TCS are the best example for Yogi Adityanath’s efforts.
Just within 15 days of assuming office it came to his notice that the mobile giant Samsung is closing deal in UP and planning to move to different state.
Yogi Adityanath met with their CEO from South Korea and made sure all hurdles which previous government had put before them cleared so that they can start manufacturing unit at UP.
Samsung has already invested Rs 5,000 crore in UP and is investing another Rs 3,000 crore in the Noida unit. Today, Samsung has the biggest mobile manufacturing facility in the world in Noida to manufacture mobile phones.
When TCS decided to move out of UP in early days of Yogi ji assuming office, he had directly contacted Ratan Tata and ensured TCS stay at UP.
Today, TCS is in Lucknow and now opening a huge centre in Noida with 30,000 new jobs.
Not just this the combat against Encephalitis has be lauded by the UNICEF. Yogi Adithyanath has changed the UP which was synonymous with ‘Goonda Raj’.
The communal clashes, acid attacks on women, mob clashes with police have been reduced considerably and crimes like acid attacks has gone down to zero.
A saffron clad Sanyasi is taking a State infested with corruption, rowdism, towards development. He is in the game working out to his full potential. He is just proving what is known commonly ‘Where there is a will there is a way’.
Dr Sindhu Prashanth