Almost half of the population in our country consists of women,still women are struggling to achieve empowerment, independency and self-respect.
To improvise women condition and leaving Central Government considering lowering income tax for single women introducing Aadhar-linked health cards for free basic health check-ups for women and cashless medical service for those who are pregnant.
This National policy for women planned and established by some ministers headed by External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj is going to reveal it soon. Sushma Swaraj and team recognized the rate of increasing percentage of Single women in the country was very high, and it was 39% in between 2001 and 2011. Hence they decided to go for lower rate of income tax for single women.
Highlighted points in National policy for women includes-
- Tax exemption on all menstrual hygiene products has also been proposed to ensure easy and affordable accessibility of these products.
- Building public toilets for women have been proposed.
- The survivors of gender-based violence will be provided free medical and legal support, counseling and shelter.
- The policy proposes a health card that takes care of check-ups for anemia and cancers.
- A cashless service for pregnant women.
- A comprehensive health insurance for critical illness.
Once these policy points approved by cabinet, they have prepared few more things in priority.
- Increased participation of men in sterilization programs.
- Government assisted living facilities for elderly women, especially widows.
- Also concentrates at increasing women in the workforce by 50% by 2030. To achieve this there are list of suggestions they have received such as, the registration fee free for girls appearing in competitive exams or entrance test conducted by government. And also free coaching for girls appearing for competitive exams. More hostels and accommodation arrangements in cities for working women.
- By keeping in mind on women empowerment in rural parts of the country the team has taken initiative to provide Kisan credit cards with lower interest rates for women, 100% coverage for women and girls under the PM’s Jan-Dhan Yojana and Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, mission mode approach for literacy and functional literacy for women and girls by 2025 and employing at least one women in all common service centers.
- The policy also spreads light over the issues related to NRI women- The main role of women in protection and propagation of India’s culture. Policy recommend the useful actions to provide proper protection to NRI women from the issues like matrimony related disputes, bigamous marriage, divorce, domestic violence etc.
- The policy also recommend to consider women in senior leadership positions at national and international levels by providing top posts such as, mediators, ambassadors, negotiators and networkers in “digital and media spaces”.
Women empowerment means marginalizing power in women so that they can play a significant role in the society! … Because, women are not the edge of reason, they are the reason itself.