The Modi government has once again proved that it won’t sit hands folded when it comes to acting against the fugitives. In what is called as a global crackdown against Nirav Modi, the Enforcement Director has attached properties and bank accounts amounting to Rs 637 crore and the ED said “during the investigation, it has been revealed that the ultimate source of the funds used to purchase this property was stolen fund from PNB”.
Here’s the list of items belonging to Nirav Modi seized by the Enforcement Director:
- India has succeeded in getting back diamond studded jewellery worth Rs 22.69 crore from Hong Kong in 23 shipments.
- A flat that belonged to Purvi Modi was also attached and the worth of this flat in South Mumbai was worth 19.5 crore.
- Five accounts with Rs. 278 crores have been attached. These accounts belonged to Nirav Modi, Purvi Modi and their companies.
- Report said “An account belonging to an investment company, registered in British Virgin Island And owned by Purvi Modi and Maiank Mehta in Singapore, having balance of USD 6.12 Million (Rs 44 Crore approx.) has also been attached. Both of them are beneficiary of the stolen money to the tune of USD 30 Million and USD 133 Million respectively”.
- One immovable property having value of Euro 6.25 Million (Rs 56.97 Crores Approx) and beneficially owned by Purvi Modi in London, United Kingdom has also been attached under section 5 of Prevention of Money laundering Act.
- Two immovable properties having total value of USD 29.99 Million (Rs 216 Crore Approx) and beneficially owned by Nirav Modi in New York, United States of America have also been attached under section 5 of Prevention of Money laundering Act.
- Another blow to the Diamond Don as the New York Court says PNB has claims on Nirav Modi’s US assets!
- Yogendra Yadav’s family made cash payments to Nirav Modi? IT department recovers Rs 22 Lakh cash from their hospital!
- “I warned about giving loans to Nirav Modi and Choksi to Finance Ministry and Dy RBI governor in 2013, but I was threatened and asked to keep quiet”, Ex-Bank director blows the lid!
- For the first time in the history of India! Watch, the farmers take over 250 acre land of diamond don Nirav Modi and start farming
- The end of P Chidambaram!!! Evidence say, it was Chidambaram and not PM Modi who helped diamond mafia head Nirav Modi and his uncle
Source: Republic World