Not a day has gone by the whole of December without the family drama of Yadav Parivaar being shown on T.V. like a serial. This drama has everything in it – loving brothers, generation gap, multiple wives for one husband, father-son tension, uncle-nephew arguments, snatching of microphones while a speech is in session, heated discussions, treachery – all the makings of a pot-boiler ‘masala’ serial aiming for maximum TRPs. T.V. serials as we all know, are make-believe tales. So is the drama in U.P. for real or is it make-believe? Let us analyze the situation in U.P. :
- 2017 is a poll year. The fortunes of many are dependant on the outcome of the polls. Obviously the present Chief Minister, Akhilesh Yadav, is a very worried man who wants to retain his post.
- 2106 has been a watershed year as far as PM Narendra Modi’s and thus BJP’s reputation goes. There is no denying the fact that Modi ji has made almost every Indian believe that he (and thus BJP) is after corruption in a very serious manner, and that anyone who opposes him is therefore Corrupt.
- Demonetization has hit the politicians of U.P. very badly. The Samajwadi Party and the BSP (led by Mayawati ji) are the most affected. There have been reports of truckloads of demonetized currency being reduced to garbage or having been burnt.
- For the first time in many years, U.P. has not seen any pre-poll violence in a big way.
- No new freebie schemes have been announced, no pre-poll spending in a big way in form of gifts or takeaways have been observed in the past few months.
- Those who predicted that the U.P. poll results would depend on who could spend the most, have been shut-up because of less illegal money flow post demonetization.
In such a situation, how could the Samajwadi Party hope to get over the huge tide in BJP’s favour and also keep Mayawati’s BSP in check? How could they project themselves as a Corruption Free party, a party which believes in No Gundagardi, a violence-free party? Especially when U.P. is gaining a reputation for being a state where lawlessness prevails? And do all this without spending much money? I feel they devised a very good plan to achieve all this (my inference could be wrong – only time will tell) …
- First show that seeds of discord have been sown between the Uncle Shivpal Yadav and Akhilesh Yadav.
- Shivpal Yadav gives a very emotional speech and then talks roughly about his nephew.
- Then during a speech telecast on National Network, he pulls the mike and doesn’t allow his nephew to speak.
- All through Akhilesh Yadav is the polite man who behaves in a orderly fashion and doesn’t give in to rough behaviour.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav brokers a truce between the Uncle and the Nephew and Akhilesh Yadav repeatedly says that he respects all the Elders.
- 2 lists of possible candidates are drawn up – one by Shivpal Yadav and another by Akhilesh Yadav.
- If any candidate is dropped from either of the lists, it is either because of the sour uncle or because of the sauve nephew; It is only because of the fight, not because the candidate is bad or did not deserve it. Bad luck!
- Mulayam Singh Yadav will finally pass candidates from the list, as per his desire & his word will be final. Mostly Akhilesh Yadav’s list will be preferred.
- But party cadres will support every candidate passed, because either Shivlal Yadav’s people will support or Akhilesh Yadav’s people will support him/her.
- In either case, Akhilesh Yadav will be projected as the Young Neta who is Resisting Corruption, Bringing about Change & who will Take U.P. ahead towards Modernization in the coming years.
All this will be done at a fraction of the cost as was spent in the past. People will not even realize that it was a drama and that the director of the drama was none other than U.P.’s shrewd Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav). But then who knows what the future holds, who knows how much the people have understood about this scheme, who knows whether the TRPs match the seats won … Que Sera Sera …
BREAKING NEWS :
- Mulayam Singh expels Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and cousin Ram Gopal from Samajwadi Party.
- Ram Gopal who has been expelled from the Party just now says, “Those who can’t even save their deposit money have been named in the List of Candidates. My expulsion is Unconstitutional”
Jai Hind !!!